We are on our way back to Asbury after our ministry weekend at Rhodes Grove camp. We had such a great time this weekend!
First things first: the food was phenomenal. We were compelled to kiss the cook after every meal. We have never been so impressed by camp food.
The camp was a family camp, which we had never heard of. Families came and stayed in cabins and came to chapel services twice a day where we led worship before the message. Through the weekend there were a ton of cool activities for the families like game tournaments, canoeing, swimming, ziplining, hiking, and so much more.
While worship was very much in our comfort zone, facilitating the game tournaments was a little more challenging. We split off into pairs and led tournaments for cornhole, carpet ball, fooseball, ping pong, horseshoes, and air hockey. By the second day we had gotten into the swing of things and realized we actually can do more than lead worship.
Overall it was a good start to our summer. The camp and the experience was very comfortable, and we felt welcome and appreciated.
Here are some things to pray for as we return to Asbury for the week:
- As we go into training week, pray that we would have supernatural unity as a team.
- We will be taking some form of a driving test with a 15-passenger van pulling a trailer. Please pray for safety for everyone involved.
- Pray that we as a band will be received well when we go to churches and camps.
- Pray for technology mercies as we get accustomed to our new sound system, that we would know how to set up, use, and troubleshoot the equipment.
- Continue to pray for Cliff and his team as they minister to the people of Malawi, Africa. Also pray that his transition from that team to ours goes as smoothly as possible when he returns June 9.
Thank you for your prayer. We are all so grateful for God’s provision so far and we are expectant that He will continue to provide.
Photo: Scenic overlook in Maryland